Wednesday 20 April 2016

Birds on a Wire


I used the following stamps

Crow Line
Kate's Doodles Cube
Circled Circle
Barcode Text #2

Woo Hoo it's is Wednesday again and that can only mean it is time for a new challenge on the Stampotique Designers Blog.

This week Kristen has chosen the theme of a TV show or Movie inspired project.

I have a film that has a particular memory for me from when I was young and being a little bit bad.
When I was younger we lived in a house that had a large glass door on the living room and you could sit on the stairs and watch TV through the door. I used to creep downstairs when I was supposed to be in bed, sit on the stairs and watch TV.
One night Alfred Hitchcock's film "The Birds" was on, I was only about 8 and I remember it scared me so much that I screamed and gave the game away and I had nightmares for ages afterwards.
I have used the film as the inspiration for my Tag.

My Background is done using my Gelli Plate and DecoArt Media paints before adding details with stamping and Gesso.


My birds on a wire are stamped directly onto my tag with black archival ink, my quote was stamped onto the margin of a book page and then stuck in place. Adding some Crackle Paint through a stencil that I coloured with Media Paint.
Finishing with a couple of wiggly lines of machine stitching.


Full details of the Challenge this week, how to enter and the randomly drawn prize of a $30 gift voucher to spend on rubber at Stampotique Originals can been seen HERE.

Enjoy the challenge this week.

I hope you have a lovely day, Carol xx

2 comments:

Sue said...

Haha I love Hitchcock films and can well imagine you being scared. This is fab Carol, very moody xx

Claudine said...

Great choice in movies, love this!!