Monday 1 February 2016

Could It Be Magic


I used 

It's my turn on the Visible Image Blog today and I have one of the lovely new Monoliths to share with you today paired with one of the stamp sets from the new release.

I began by prepping my Monolith with gesso. I then used my Gelli Plate to build up my basic background. I used my DecoArt Multi Surface paints for this as they have the lovely bright colours that I like on to use with my Gelli.

I then used more Gesso to add the star burst effect with a stencil, to get the position of this right I stamped my Unicorn onto my Monolith and then positioned the stencil and applied my Gesso.


I then stamped the word from the text stamp in the set and used Glossy accents over this to seal it.

My stars are done with a clear acrylic gel that I added DecoArt Media paint too, to get the bright pop of turquoise, also adding gold Beadazzels to it before using a pallet knife to apply through a stencil. This dried semi-translucent which was the look I wanted, so I was please this worked as I had not tried it before.


I then stamped my Unicorn onto lightweight card, cut it out and stuck it in place over my previously stamped image which I could still just about see.


The back is done in the same way but with the full quote used on the center of the block over the starburst of Gesso.


I sealed my block with a satin varnish to give it a light sheen.

The new release stamps from Visible Image are now available to pre-order from their on-line shop as the the Monoliths. I am sure you will find some new favorites among the new stamp releases and I must say that the Monoliths are pretty awesome to work on.

One more thing, did you like my Barry Manilow Title ??

Have a good day,

Carol xx

2 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

Wow, Carol, this really IS magic! Your background is just so full of color and motion. But your unicorn is not upstaged by it at all. A beautiful creation. And, yes, I did notice your perfect title! hehe

JillyR said...

I really like the impressionist feel you created. Is this done in acrylics?