Sunday 29 November 2015

Quick and Easy Christmas Cards Day 5


I used the following stamps

Brr
Baby, it's cold outside!
Snowflakes

It's quick and easy Christmas cards this week for the Stampotique Challenge this week.

I have decided to make and blog a card a day for this challenge all this week until the next challenge starts. (are you getting the clue here that I have made no cards at all!!)
All my cards will take no longer than 15 minutes to make. (not including thinking time)

A bit of a change of style for me today, I saw this style on Tracy's folksy shop Splattered ink and thought how well it would suit this stamp so I nabbed the idea and here is my take on it, a bit  more grungy than her's are but that's just how my stuff turns out.


I used Kraft Card as my base. I stamped the snowflakes in brown ink onto a piece of card cut and torn to size, and then inked this with blue distress ink. I stamped and coloured my image onto a piece of card cut to size, inked it with with brown distress ink from the edge inward to blend it, and then stuck this to the snowflake piece.
 I dyed a piece of ribbon with ink and water on my craft mat, tied it in place around the blue piece of snowflake card and stuck it to my Kraft card base.
I added my quote to the bottom and finished the whole card with some hand drawn lines.
I finished it with a metal snowflake that I painted white before dipping into clear glitter to give it a bit of bling when the light caught it.


Full details of the Challenge this week, how to enter and the prize can been seen HERE.

Enjoy the challenge this week.

Happy crafting, Carol xx

2 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

I have loved all your quick and easy Christmas cards. I wish I could do quick and easy..... alas... lol
Corrie x

Kay Wallace said...

Another quick'n'easy that doesn't look that way at all! Love cards on Kraft and I love the addition of the ribbon. Great tearing and design, too!