Wednesday 23 September 2015

Happy Halloween Dearie


Mega excitement for me this week on the Stampotique blog, it's my turn to choose the challenge theme. Those who know me well will know how much I love Halloween, so as it's nearing the month of magic, mystery and spooky mayhem how could I have chosen any other them that to get your spook on early with Halloween.

My Daughter and I are off to Disney over Halloween so I started to make a little book to hold park tickets, photos and other odd bits and pieces that you always seem to collect on these trips. I have the front cover to share with you today  It will have clips and pockets to hold all the bits and pieces some of which you already see poking out of the closed book, but as the pages are unfinished I am not sharing these yet, but and I will be blogging the rest of the book over the coming weeks.

I used the following stamps

Uncle Buck
Web
Happy Halloween Dearie!
Halloween Cube 2
Months
Typewriter Alpha (numbers)

These are the details of how I made my book

Decorate 5 A4 sized sheets of lightweight card using your Gelli Plate, my card is 210 gsm.
Cut each so you have 10 pieces measuring 5 x 8 inches. Fold your 5 pieces in half so they are approximately A6 sized. Cut two pieces of stronger card to this folded A6 size (these will be your book covers)( 4 x 5 inches) Amazon packaging is ideal. ( I only used 7, but the extra give you choice of prints to use, or to give your book more pages if you wish)
Cut piece of black card to the depth 5 inches and, approx 8 inches long.  Crease at half inch intervals.
Concertina up and glue or tape the back pieces together  to form pointy bits Clamp with bulldog clips until it is dry.
Unfold your paper pieces and glue one of the short ends of each piece to the back of one of each of the folded pieces along your concertinaed “spine”
Fold each page over and glue in place along the front of the same spine piece, leave the top open to form a pocket so only glue to about an inch up the sheet, but glue all the way up the actual spine to hold the page in place. Fold over and press firmly in place. Repeat along the length of the “spine” until you have the amount of pages you want,
Glue the two card covers to the back and front flaps of the book and clamp it all in place for a few minutes to give it all a chance to dry.
Cut one of the remaining pieces of Gelli paper in half. Use this to line the inside of the front and back cover, sandwiching a length of ribbon between the gelli print and card cover to use as a tie to either hold your book shut or open in it’s star shape.
Cut another of the 5 x 8 gelli pieces in half and trim slightly to mat onto the front and back of the book so a small border of the cover can be seen.
Stick a length of tape to cover and strengthen the spine.

Decorate as you like using the pockets for tags or mementoes or use as a small star journal or photo album.

The full details of the Challenge can be seen HERE. Including details of how to link your items for the challenge and be in with a change to win a $30 voucher to spend on Stampotique Rubber stamps.

Stampotique Rubber Stamps are available to buy directly from Stampotique originals and other on-line shops.

Enjoy the challenge, Carol xx

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I love these funny characters and really hope I get mine in the mail soon! I totally agree with you Halloween is magical. Poor little pumpkin, he is wearing his sad face. I really like your card!
Sandy xx

sue :) said...

A fab idea and ongoing project, I can't wait to see what you do on the inside too. Have a fab time in Disney. x

Corrie Herriman said...

You really took me out of my comfort zone as Halloween is not really my thing. It doesn't get celebrated in Holland much, but I did enjoy making my tag. I do love the cover of your little book here, fab colours, love uncle Buck and a great idea. Can't wait to see the rest. And... have a great time at Disney !
Corrie x

Sam & Poppy said...

Great make!!
Thanks for a fun challenge this week x